LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An error occurred while installing a package: ni-assistant-framework-x86 (20.0.0.49152-0+f0)

Hello, when I try to install LabView 2020 32 bit, NI Package Manager report this problem:

An error occurred while installing a package: ni-assistant-framework-x86 (20.0.0.49152-0+f0)

Additional error information:
An error occurred while installing the MSI at 'MStudioRecipeProcessor\MStudioRecipeProcessor.msi'.

I don't know to resolve it.

Thank's for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(2,741 Views)

Hi,

I also ran into this issue downloading LabVIEW 2021-x86 from my University of Utah student software catalog annual license for Windows. I have the exact same error and I am not sure what is going wrong in the install process.

If anyone is able to help out, or @tleal1125, if you have found a solution, please let me know.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(2,319 Views)

The posted dialog is reporting the MSI file in the installer that is failing to install properly. More details are needed to help debug the issue, specifically log files that Windows can generate during installation.

If you are still experiencing this issue, I recommend that you follow the instructions in the Generating and Locating NI Package Manager Error Logs KB for obtaining both the NI Package Manager and MSI log files. You would need to enable MSI logging as indicated in the KB, retry the failing installation to reproduce the error, and then review the newly created log files and post back and potentially share them with this forum thread.

Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(2,310 Views)

errorlog.txt:

-125086: ===== 2023-Apr-18 08:14:03.049089 =====
Exception in PreInstall::LaunchPackageManager. Error code: -126309
Launched NI Package Manager, but it returned an error -126309:

agentsErrorLog.txt:

Error -125541! 升级程序包'ni-assistant-framework-x86'时发生错误。程序包升级类型为'clean'。

Details:
Error upgrading package ni-assistant-framework-x86 with upgrade type clean
在'MStudioRecipeProcessor\MStudioRecipeProcessor.msi'安装MSI时发生错误。
MsiInstallProduct returned 1624.
OnTransactionStep中,操作类型'upgrade'发生错误。

Error Context:
NIPkg::Agents::WinInstall::Upgrader::Upgrade: Upgrading a package
NIPkg::Agents::WinInstall::Installer::InstallWIAPackage: Installing a WIA package

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(2,159 Views)

lypaser, could you enable MSI logging, repeat the install failure and share the log files created associated with ni-assistant-framework-x86; it will likely be named NIPkgWinInst_ni-assistant-fr*.log, which will have more details on why the MSI will not install. See my previous post above on how to do that.

Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(2,150 Views)

lypaser, the log file reports a 1624 error which suggests that the MSI failed to perform a transform operations. Looking above that error there is the following details:

MSI (s) (D0:E0) [14:10:19:583]: File will have security applied from OpCode.
MSI (s) (D0:E0) [14:10:19:585]: SOFTWARE RESTRICTION POLICY: Verifying package --> 'C:\Users\LYP-PC\AppData\Local\Temp\nipkg-0733-5645-a74e-039e\data\AFW\AssistantFramework.msi' against software restriction policy
MSI (s) (D0:E0) [14:10:19:586]: Note: 1: 2262 2: DigitalSignature 3: -2147287038
MSI (s) (D0:E0) [14:10:19:586]: SOFTWARE RESTRICTION POLICY: C:\Users\LYP-PC\AppData\Local\Temp\nipkg-0733-5645-a74e-039e\data\AFW\AssistantFramework.msi is not digitally signed
MSI (s) (D0:E0) [14:10:19:588]: SOFTWARE RESTRICTION POLICY: C:\Users\LYP-PC\AppData\Local\Temp\nipkg-0733-5645-a74e-039e\data\AFW\AssistantFramework.msi is permitted to run at the 'unrestricted' authorization level.

This suggests that the OS or some security software is not liking that the MSI is unsigned and is not allowing the MSI to be properly accessed to perform the installation operation. Currently all of the MSIs used by NI in installers are unsigned, so unclear why this is triggering for this one MSI.

Questions:

1. Can you share what OS, bitness, and version you are using? 
  2. Are you aware of any specific security software that manages permissions that is being used on this system? This might require you to start a discussion with your IT department.
Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(2,097 Views)

lypaser, I think you can ignore the above analysis of the log and the my request for OS and security information because it was incorrect.

We believe the underlying cause is due to an older NI MSI from 2009 that was installed likely by an very old LabVIEW and the MSI transform was deleted from Windows OS cache somehow. In order for LabVIEW 2018 to properly install a newer version of the MSI, the OS must uninstall the older version. Since the older version cannot be uninstalled due to the missing transform, the LabVIEW installation fails. Now there might be more files that were deleted that are required to complete the install, but you can at least fix the one we know about.

The below download link is to the missing transform file "nii81BC.tmp" So you should be able to bypass your current installation error by doing the following:

1. Download the "nii81BC.tmp" file from https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nkA1KabbbK5Ls7A5862SWgdX8viascOS/view?usp=sharing
  2. Create the following MSI cache directory if does not exist: C:\Windows\Installer\{4159DD60-49C1-4323-A1A5-FB060CBA35C5}\
  3. Copy nii81BC.tmp to the directory
  4. Repeat the installation
  5. If it fails, enable MSI logging and repeat gathering the failing MSI log
Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(2,046 Views)
I think many people have encountered the same problem as me. Everyone's system version and permission control software are different, so I boldly guess that this problem is unlikely to be related to the system and permissions.
Your answer is likely to solve my problem.
Try it tomorrow, thanks a lot.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(2,022 Views)