From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amptek MCA8000A

I work for a research lab that is government funded, and I am no longer allowed to freely send out any code developed here.

I sent it to at least two others, perhaps they could send it to you.

G

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(1,491 Views)

I, for one, got the files from Gretchen. However, her implementation seemed to be based on another set of closed DLLs, apparently requiring an USB interface instead of the custom rs232 of the MCAs in our lab. I wasn't able of putting her software to any use, and OTOH I'm not using these MCAs anymore. If you wish I could pass you either my wrappers or Gretchen's software, assuming that her answer above authorizes forward by a third party.

Enrico

Message 12 of 20
(1,476 Views)

Dear Gretchen and Enrico,

thanks for the quick replies and the offer of help. Enrico, given your answer I'll just work through the problem from scratch.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(1,464 Views)

Hi Enrico,

I am also using Labview to control MCA8000A. I always have problem with my files. Could you please send the files from Gretchen also to me?

Best regards,

Xiaohai

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(1,323 Views)

Hello Enrico

Would it be possible for you to send the LV Vis to me. I am working on 8000A with LV but having problem. Hope to get help.

MR

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(1,266 Views)

I could eventually share my VIs (send me a private message), but please keep in mind that this is work I did 7 years ago on hardware I don't have anymore access to, and that they are just wrappers to a certain PmcaDLL.dll which came with at that time, which was anyway for the old version of the MCA, interfaced via a 7-lead DB-9 cable using DTR,CTS in a nonstandard way IIRC. If that is not the case I doubt they will of any help to you.

Enrico

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20
(1,248 Views)

Dear users, 

I sent you private messages for request of the drivers. 

Please, contact me if someone else has these drivers. 

Best regards,

Sami

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(1,177 Views)

Dear all,

I got some codes from previous authors about the project. 

However, much is still incomplete. 

My own target is to get the Linux codes suitable for Raspberry Pi. 

There are also many authors outside who has hoped for the completion of this project. 

They can also participate when the project plan gets enough clear. 

I opened a thread Wikipage here where I hope we first work out the plan how to start the project.

Best regards,

Sami

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(1,153 Views)

Hello.

I also am working with MCA8000A model nowadays.

I am having a problem with the communication between my laptop and the MCA.

Could you send the driver file for me?

I need your help.

My email address is koh39@illinois.edu.

Thanks,

Kyu

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(1,116 Views)

Please just don't mail me anymore asking for files. Whatever I could have got won't match your hardware or whatever, and I'm not in the position of providing assistance about hardware I don't see since a decade.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(1,033 Views)