LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative rtf menu tool?

I have a LV 8.6.1 GUI and main fp has a .rtf custom menu.

Problem is the client has requested larger fonts, i.e. different to standard font size. As I understand it this is not supported in LV i.e. the drop-down cannot be resized or font changed.

So the question is - what alternatives are there? Obviously would be nice to reuse the existing .rtf if possible but not a disaster if I had to recreate the menu from scratch - but developing a complete drop-down menu tool seems inefficient - any tools out there or other suggestions how to approach this issue?

Scheduling with an upgrade to a later version of LV than 8.6.1 would not out be of the question if that offers any new possibilities to resolve this.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,201 Views)

@CIM1 wrote:

I have a LV 8.6.1 GUI and main fp has a .rtf custom menu.

Problem is the client has requested larger fonts, i.e. different to standard font size. As I understand it this is not supported in LV i.e. the drop-down cannot be resized or font changed.

So the question is - what alternatives are there? Obviously would be nice to reuse the existing .rtf if possible but not a disaster if I had to recreate the menu from scratch - but developing a complete drop-down menu tool seems inefficient - any tools out there or other suggestions how to approach this issue?

Scheduling with an upgrade to a later version of LV than 8.6.1 would not out be of the question if that offers any new possibilities to resolve this.

Even LV2010 don't have this support....

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,184 Views)

OK thanks.

My original question still stands - any alternative drop down menus tool suggestions or other ideas how to solve this issue?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,165 Views)

Hey CIM1,

Do you mean .rtm files? If these are the menu files you are talking about - I'm fairly sure that the only way to do this is to change your Windows settings to increase font sizes - these menus are controlled by Windows.

Dominic Walker
Cardiff University
Electrical and Electronic Engineering Student
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,159 Views)

Thanks - yes, sorry for typo.

.rtm i.e. Run Time Menu file....

I appreciate the limitations of .rtm use in LabView. However Client definitely does not want to change windows settings as he uses other apps on the system, he just wants a bigger menu

I appreciate I can't do that with native .rtm support in LabView so the question becomes - what other (including 3rd party) tools might I incorporate to provide a decent menu system supporting customisable fonts etc?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,154 Views)

This isn't something I can really give you an expert opinion on - I did a bit of searching and I found this: http://www.techbuzz.in/modify-edit-and-customize-windows-applications-size-font-menu-arrangement-of-...

It looks like it might be a program that can change font sizes etc per program.  I've not tried it and have never heard of it before though so I can't tell you if it'll work or not!

Hope it helps,

Dominic Walker
Cardiff University
Electrical and Electronic Engineering Student
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,145 Views)

Thanks for interesting suggestion (eXescope) - just tried it on the .exe for the built application but does not see the menu as a resource attribute - I presume that must be set in some other NI library file.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,136 Views)