LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allen-Bradley Powerflex Control Code

Hi All,

I am using an Allen-Bradley PowerFlex 4 Adjustable Frequency AC Drive.  I am communicating via the AB PowerFlex USB Converter, 1203-USB.  Does anyone out there have any control code written for this?

It should be pretty simple serial communcations via a VISA connection, but I cannot find the comm protocol anywhere.

Any guidance woud be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

FB

Forbes Black
Lapsed CLAD, LV 5 - LV 2022 (Yeah, I'm that old...)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,952 Views)

National instruments does not provide any LabVIEW instrument driver for this device. Perhaps you can contact the manufacturer of the device to see if they offer something similar to what you need.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,928 Views)

FB,

I would imagine that the drive uses the Allen Bradley DF1 protocol. 

There were DF1 drivers posted in different places on the site before, but I can't find them now. 

Google Labview DF1 and see where it takes you.

Also, they may need a few changes to point them from RS232/Etherntet to USB.

Mike

Message 3 of 5
(2,871 Views)

computers effectively provide an RS232 output this should be amended to  provides some guidelines for controlling PowerFlex drives on Modbus RTU using explicit messages

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,752 Views)

In this article you will find information concerning communication between the wing and the hyper drive through the converter 1203USB Rockwell Robot Indifferent

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/drives-um001_-en-p.pdf

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,671 Views)