So, on my development machine I had LV7.0, 7.1, 8.0, and 8.6. (Along with various version of teststand, toolkits, daqmx, ni-daq, etc ...) Then came the day, not long ago (say two hours ago) that I needed Labview 8.2.
So, I install it. It finishes and tells me to reboot. I reboot and after trying to run the newly installed 8.2.1, I get "Labview 8.2.1 Development System has encountered a problem and needs to close ..." AppName: labvie.exe, AppVer 18.104.22.16802 with the same respective values for ModName and ModVer.
So I try one of my other installed versions, same thing for 7.1, 8.0, and 8.6 except that 7.1 gives me ModName:msvcrt.dll ModVer: 7.0.2600.5512 instead of replicating the AppName and AppVer info.
LV7.0 on the other hand tells me that "The requested feature is unavailable on "c:\program files\NI\shared\license manager\Licenses" Now that folder does contain a Labview_Labview_070000.lic file that has a date modified stamp from 3/21/2003.
SignalExpress crashes the same way with ModName: ntdll.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.5512.
Now, other funny thing. NI License Manager crashes in the same manner. AppName: nilmutil.exe AppVer: 22.214.171.124 ModName: ntdll.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.5512.
My currently active version of TestStand (3.5) crashes the same way. The version selector works. Just flipped to 3.1 and it tells me "The TestStand Engine cannot be initialized. System Level Exception." Flipped to 4.1.1 and it throws up its splash screen briefly then just sits in the background. No CPU cycles, no memory usage delta, no sequence editor.
CVI 8.5 gives: Unrecoverable Internal Error at 001B:7C9108D3. LabWindows/CVI will be aborted.
CVI 9.0 gives an Application Error: The instruction at "0x7c9108d3" referenced memory at "0x656d7572". The memory could not be "written". Click on OK to terminate the program.
MAX 4.5.0f0 works and shows all of these applications as installed.
I've got 18 NI services running in the background.
Help? And please no "uninstall/reinstall everything" answers. I bet I've got 20+ hours in this thing over the last couple of months in NI software / toolkit / driver installs and I can't afford to do all that over again.
Solved! Go to Solution.
I think the problem came from putting an older version on (8.2 when 8.6 was already there). You MIGHT be able to get by with just uninstalling 8.6, but I really don't know.
Interestingly, I just had to do the same thing yesterday and elected not to keep 8.6 because I was afraid something like this might happen.
Someone on the tech support line showed me the problem:
Apparently, you can only have 99 license files living in C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\License Manager\Licenses. License #100 brings the whole party to a halt. I'm of the opinion that this is something that should be fixed since every major toolkit has one or more licenses and even the Development Labview versions will sometimes install 20+ license files on a full install.
Aaarrggg! I've been out of action for two days because of this after loading the 2nd quarter 2009 release. Whoever heard of a programmer limitting some to 100. 255 dude, 255.
I have to admit it bit me because I'm inclined to load all features just in case I want to give 'em a try.
Kudos to the forum... but AAAAARRRRGG!