From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All dialogs open in second monitor

I recently installed a second monitor to my Toshiba laptop and I am using the extended desktop using the built-in NVIDIA video card. Because of performance problems not related to the second monitor, I had to reformat my internal hard disk.

After reinstalling LabVIEW 8.0.1 Development  Suite on an external drive, I found that  all the dialogs (those in LabVIEW, in my apps both compiled or run under labVIEW) opened on my second monitor. I checked the VI properties to make sure that the run-time window position was not set to the second monitor and I checked the NVIDIA video card settings to make sure that the dialogs were not set for the second monitor. I have no problem with any other applications such as Quicken.

I then uninstalled LabVIEW and reinstalled on my internal hard disk. The dialogs still open in the second monitor. Does anyone know how to fox this?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,687 Views)
Is your front panel on monitor 1 (the one that you want the dialog to open on) or is it on monitor 2??  It seems that if you are using the default LabVIEW dialogs (in Dialog & User interface) it will open centered on your front panel.

If you create your own custom dialog box, go into the Run-Time position and under the Position drop down box select "custom" and it will automatically set it to the current position.  (make sure that you have it on your first monitor already)

Kenny
Kenny

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,677 Views)
You can alos specify which monitor it opens on (with a custom dialog) using a preperty node with a class of VI, Front Panel Window> fMonitor.  You wire either a 0 or 1 for monitor 1 or 2.
Kenny

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,668 Views)
My front panel is on monitor 1. I did try the run-time position option, but to no avail. I use the default dialog and user interface and also my own front panels set as Dialogs.

I think this may be something to do with Windows XP because the LabVIEW 8 dialogs also show on monitor 2. I drag them over to monitor 1 and restart LabVIEW but the dialogs still open in monitor 2. There must be a pefereneces file for LabVIEW stored somewhere (Application Data?). I'll see if I can find it.

Thanks for your suggestions.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,656 Views)