From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All PowerPoint files generated by LabVIEW show the exact same data??

This problem is driving me insane...I don't even know how to word it or how to Google the problem, please bear with me.

Here is the simplified background: we test sample1, sample2, sample3, etc. and generate sample1data, sample2data, sample3data, etc.

I have a LabVIEW (2011) code that processes these data and generates some PNG plots (for each sample). Then it takes these plots (already saved in some folder) and inserts them into an MS PowerPoint (I have a PowerPoint template), then it names the PowerPoint after the sample, for example, sampe1data.ppt, sample2data.ppt, sample3data.ppt, etc.

Now the problem is that if I open sample1data.ppt (for further editing by hand), and then open sample2data.ppt, the sample2data.ppt shows exactly the same things as sample1data.ppt, and if I open sample3data.ppt, it also shows the exact same things as sample1data.pp1. So all three ppts SHOW the exact same content.

HOWEVER, if I take these 3 ppts. which are in some folder and move the folder to a different location (say a network drive), and then open each ppt. from that location, then each ppt. opens (in Read Only Mode) and displays the correct information. BUT, the moment I click on "Enable Edit" button on the ppts, they all again show the exact same information. 

When I save the ppt., I do close the reference to it inside LabVIEW. I have no idea where to begin to tackle this issue. I don't even know how to Google this problem. Has anyone seen this before. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,350 Views)

Can you post the code you use to generate the .ppt files?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,341 Views)

Here is the part that same thpptgen.jpge ppt.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,337 Views)

Hmm... I mostly use the report generation toolkit when dealing with Office. If you diligently close your references (Shapes, _Slide, Slides, _Presentation, _Application) does it make any difference?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,332 Views)

Here is how I closed the references. Didn't help.

pptgen-1.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,233 Views)

When you open your template have you tried setting the untitled parameter to msoTrue?

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,220 Views)

I hadn't connected anything to the "untitled" input, so it was using the default setting.

When I right-clicked on it to create a constant, it created by default msoTrue. So clearly, the default is msoTrue. So probably that doesn't change anything.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,197 Views)

@murchak wrote:

I hadn't connected anything to the "untitled" input, so it was using the default setting.

When I right-clicked on it to create a constant, it created by default msoTrue. So clearly, the default is msoTrue. So probably that doesn't change anything.

Not according to the Microsoft documentation.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,193 Views)

@murchak wrote:

Here is how I closed the references. Didn't help.

pptgen-1.jpg

I doubt this is the cause of the problem but the references that are opened inside the FOR loop (_Slide and Shapes) should by closed inside the FOR loop. Right now only the last opened references get closed.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,188 Views)