LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All AI Channels of NI USB-6212 Reading the same value?

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a NI USB 6212.

NI-MAX and Labview (DAQ Assistant) appear to recognize the device just fine. I need to read the voltage on all 8 of the device's analog inputs. I tried setting the device up accordingly with the DAQ Assistant in labview (DAQ Assist > Acquire Signals > Analog Input > Voltage > ai0 thru ai7), but upon testing it appears that all 8 channels are reading the same voltage.

E.g., If I put 1V across ai0, the device behaves as though 1V has been put across the other 7 channels (ai1 through ai7). This goes for any channel.

This is unexpected and undesirable behavior. Could I get some assistance setting up this device such that the analog input channels are "separated", i.e. don't all read the same voltage?

Thanks. Happy to provide any additional information.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,321 Views)

How is your task configured?  What do you see when you run the task from inside Max?  Are you sure that you are not configuring a simulated device (simulated devices always output the same waveform)?

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,295 Views)

I don't know - I'm pretty new to this. I don't even have a task assigned to the DAQ Assist object.

I switched over to the DAQmx read voltage, etc. sub-vi's instead of using DAQ assist and it's working now, I think.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,290 Views)

@midnightminer wrote:

I switched over to the DAQmx read voltage, etc. sub-vi's instead of using DAQ assist and it's working now, I think.

Good answer.  

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,287 Views)

So I can't actually really tell if it's working. It seems as though it might be, but I'm unable to separate the channels the way I'm doing it now?

I've attached the VI I built to test this to this question. What I would like is a numeric indicator for each channel (ai0,ai1,ai2,ai3), which I can't get working. It's like I can only see one channel at a time?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,272 Views)

What sensors do you have hooked up to each of the channels?  What values should each of them be showing you and what values are you actually seeing?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,266 Views)

If you have nothing connected to channels 1-3, then due to the muti-plexing, you will get an almost identical signal read on those channels to what is connected to channel 0.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,259 Views)