From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All AI Channels of NI USB-6212 Reading the same value?

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a NI USB 6212.

NI-MAX and Labview (DAQ Assistant) appear to recognize the device just fine. I need to read the voltage on all 8 of the device's analog inputs. I tried setting the device up accordingly with the DAQ Assistant in labview (DAQ Assist > Acquire Signals > Analog Input > Voltage > ai0 thru ai7), but upon testing it appears that all 8 channels are reading the same voltage.

E.g., If I put 1V across ai0, the device behaves as though 1V has been put across the other 7 channels (ai1 through ai7). This goes for any channel.

This is unexpected and undesirable behavior. Could I get some assistance setting up this device such that the analog input channels are "separated", i.e. don't all read the same voltage?

Thanks. Happy to provide any additional information.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,350 Views)

How is your task configured?  What do you see when you run the task from inside Max?  Are you sure that you are not configuring a simulated device (simulated devices always output the same waveform)?

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,324 Views)

I don't know - I'm pretty new to this. I don't even have a task assigned to the DAQ Assist object.

I switched over to the DAQmx read voltage, etc. sub-vi's instead of using DAQ assist and it's working now, I think.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,319 Views)

@midnightminer wrote:

I switched over to the DAQmx read voltage, etc. sub-vi's instead of using DAQ assist and it's working now, I think.

Good answer.  

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,316 Views)

So I can't actually really tell if it's working. It seems as though it might be, but I'm unable to separate the channels the way I'm doing it now?

I've attached the VI I built to test this to this question. What I would like is a numeric indicator for each channel (ai0,ai1,ai2,ai3), which I can't get working. It's like I can only see one channel at a time?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,301 Views)

What sensors do you have hooked up to each of the channels?  What values should each of them be showing you and what values are you actually seeing?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,295 Views)

If you have nothing connected to channels 1-3, then due to the muti-plexing, you will get an almost identical signal read on those channels to what is connected to channel 0.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,288 Views)