From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airplane Instruments "Six Pack"

Hi Folks,

due to the fact that it's Chrismas now, I think I have a nice present for all of you who are interested in aircrafts. Over the last four years I developed my own “Six-Pack” with the most important instruments which are in a plane. And … if you also use a cheap Multiwii quadrocopter flight control and a GPS connected to my software then all the instruments also will work. I have tested my instruments several times when I flew with my best friend in his Cessna 152. All the instruments are drawn by me using Corel Draw. It took me a lot of time but I think the results are pleasing to the eyes. Now with a heavy heart I have to give up with my project due to some other important business and private projects. It's a great pity but now I want to share all my work with you guys and hope that somebody of you will use it and continue with it. Everything you need is in the attachment. There is also a document with the hardware I used.

Feedback about my project and some ideas and results from your further development are always welcome.

Best Regards, merry Christmas and a happy new year .... Cheers

Download All
Message 1 of 22
(10,915 Views)

That is a thing of rare beauty!

Love

Steve

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):
DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 22
(10,882 Views)
Those are some really smart looking indicators - Kudos!

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22
(10,848 Views)

Other than those horrible horrible knobs, I agree that your controls, at least, look really nice and I like the code. I would probably have prefered separating them out more clearly, but it seems like it would be easy enough in their current state.

(10,843 Views)

I know, I know ... the knobs looks horrible but they are only in the demo and for my test reasons. When I started the project, the goal was really to have them separated and each as X-control at the end but unfortunately I didn't have the LV license to generate them.

Carsten

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22
(10,800 Views)

Thank you for an inspiring gift!  I'm sure, with this as a start, there will be a number of LabVIEW Enthusiasts who might shortly be getting some RC "goodies from Santa" who will be happy to extend your lovely work (and who, one hopes, will "give back" to this Community as you have done).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22
(10,779 Views)

... and again ... today I have a generous heart ... and many thanks for the Kudos :-)))

Carsten

Message 7 of 22
(10,760 Views)

Thank you. Very well done. Inspiring. LV front panels are stuck in the 1990s.

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22
(10,734 Views)

I'd recommend that you post this in the UI Interest Group as well - as that's where a lot of community contributed UI elements get posted.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22
(10,720 Views)

This is a very nice example. But this kind of animated display in LabVIEW uses a lot of CPU power and increases the load on the PC as the application becomes bigger. Is there a way to reduce this load? As I can see Windows and also some other software can do a lot of these animations with ease.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22
(10,634 Views)