From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agilent digitizer U1082A query ID failed -1074003967

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear members,

I have -1074003967 error when initializing my Agilent U1082A digitizer. 

Discription: I have 64-bit OS, Windows 7, LabVIEW2009, Agilent U1082A digitizer is installed on PCI slot6 and is visible under Windows device manager.

Problem: I try to run a demo LabVIEW program, but it shows error saying "parameter 1" is out of range, where parameter 1 is instrument ID (AcqirisDemoError.png)

What I did:

1. tried AcqirisLive software provided by the manufacture and was able to see the card & calibrate it.

2. checked drivers (AgilentDriversInstalled.png), they are installed.

3. checked VISA (VISA.png)

4. checked NIMAX (NIMAXdirectory.png), I can see card in PCI6, but I'm a bit concerned because PXI system is "unidentified", can this cause the problem? How to fix it?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,181 Views)

Hi rosinefish,

do you use a PXI system at all?

Where did you install that Agilent device? In your Windows computer or in an external (PXI) system?

You don't need VISA for your device.

MAX should not care about the Agilent device as it is no NI DAQ device…

Did you call the Agilent support?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 5
(2,137 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rosinefish

That's not really an example program, so much as a subvi (subroutine) or part of a program.  Running this without first setting up communications is most likely going to give you an error.  (Like trying to talk on your phone before you dial the number - useless!)

The LabVIEW driver should have an Examples folder, wherein you will find full applications for common tasks.  These examples will still be pretty primitive, but they at least demonstrate all the steps required to make a measurement.  Usually its something like;

initialize communications

configure or query measurement settings

configure and arm trigger

trigger

wait for measurement complete

read data

If not, then look at the "VI Tree.vi" for a sense of the way you need to string the subvis together to accomplish your task.  Post attempts here and we can help debug if you get stuck.

Craig

Message 3 of 5
(2,134 Views)

Thank you very much, problem solved. I need to initialize the digitizer before calling it for data acquisition. There is a subvi from driver files that can do this. "Initialize.vi" is the name.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,126 Views)

Thank you for your advice! Turned out I need to run initialize.vi first. Problem solved.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,125 Views)