cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agilent U2000 Series Acquire Measurement example - LabVIEW gets stuck

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello!

I'm continuing evaluation of LabVIEW in order to make a decision on purchasing it for our company. Right now I encountered the following issue.

When I'm trying to use the NI's example of Aquire Measurement from the Agilent U2000A power sensor, the program makes 2-3, sometimes even 10 consequitive measurements, and then gets stuck for a very long time (couple of minutes). After that program returns some weird error message:

"Error - 1073807360 occured at VISA Read STB in Agilent U2000 Series.lvlib:Wait for Acquisition Complete.vi ->Agilent U2000 Series.lvlib:Read Measurement.vi->Agilent U2000 Series Acquire Measurement.vi

Possible Reason(s):

VISA: (Hex 0xBFFF000) Unknown system error (miscellaneous error)."

I tried to replace the sensor, it didn't help. The error reproduces itself on any sensor that I tried. The Agilent's own utility (Power Panel) works just fine with any of the sensors. Downloading different versions of instrument drivers also makes no effect.

Please suggest something!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(3,864 Views)

How did you modify the example to do repeated measurements? Hopefully, you are not using the run continuous button.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(3,843 Views)

Well, I just click Run button several times.

Actually, I started with making my own example with while loop, and found this issue. Supposing that I'm doing something wrong I loaded the NI's example and just ran it several times to get exactly the same error.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(3,838 Views)

Try placing a while loop around the Read Measurement function. Also, if the connection is USB, make sure all power saving features are turned off.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(3,832 Views)

It's not working at all - program is getting stuck immediately. I also tried to place timing in the while loop (1000 ms waiting) - no help.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(3,825 Views)

It looks like the problem is somewhere inside the Read Measurement function, as the program freezes after 1-2-3-5 iterations of the while loop that contains only this function and timing.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(3,818 Views)

Arkday_V,

It's been a few days.  Have you had any luck with getting this to work?  I have experience with using the U2000 series with LabVIEW.  In the not too distant past I created an app that basically did the same functionality as the power panel.  Let me know if you are still having issues.  Will be happy to help resolve the problem.

Troy
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(3,750 Views)

Hello, Troy! Thank you.

I have no problem acquiring data from U2000A, but I'm doing it using VISA functions, the driver is still not working. NI opened the trial technical support for me and now this is still an open case, they are figuring out what's wrong with the driver, or their example, or my hands maybe.

Also I discovered that if I remove WaitForAcquisitionToComplete function call from the driver's ReadMeasurement function, the program stops freezing, but returns incorrect readings very often due to reading before finishing the acquisition, of course.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(3,747 Views)

So, Troy, if you're using project style drivers and are able to do the same things as the power panel does, and the program never freezes, I'd desperately want to look at the block diagram. 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(3,742 Views)

I was just looking at both the example program and was digging my version out of archive.  When I wrote this, NI's version of the driver did not exist yet so I had to write most of my own.  Give me a bit to dig between the differences of my code and theirs and see where the hang up is.  I think I have an idea what is happening, but I would like to verify.  Once I confirm it, I will let you know what you need to do fix it, or if nothing else, send you my code as an example. 

Troy
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(3,735 Views)