From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agilent/HP E5250A

Hi,

I am trying to use the driver for the Agilent E5250A to do some measurements with the 4156C Parameter analizer. Does anybody knows how to specify the channel list to the open and close vi's? I know is not supported but I thhought maybe somebody knows how to use this driver.

Thank you

Carlos

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,815 Views)

Hi Carlos,

From what I can tell, these VIs return a channel list.  Do you want to select the size of the array they return?

Are these functions throwing an error when you use them or do they just not behave as expected?

Regards,

Jim B

Applications Engineer, National Instruments

-Jim B
CLD, CTD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,777 Views)

Hi Jim,

Thank you for your interest. These VIs are supposed to receive the channel list as an input, as it was explained in the user guide. So I guess it does not work as supposed.

Anyways I solved the problem editing the VI such that not only it returns the list but it also receives the list as an input; it is working properly now. I guess the driver was made a long time ago where things were different. (That was Agilent's answer)

Thank you

Carlos

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,760 Views)

I'm glad you got it to work.  Thanks for the scoop!

-Jim

-Jim B
CLD, CTD
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,754 Views)

Hi Carlos,

I am working on this project right now. If you dont mind, can you explain to me how you put the input of closechan_list?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,589 Views)

Hi Amir,

This was years ago so I don't remember the details, but I went through my backup files and it looks like I used a VISA Write block and input the instructions as a string in my case the instruction was:

:ROUT:OPEN:CARD 3
:ROUT:CLOS:LIST (@30101,30202,30303)

Hope it helps.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,568 Views)

Hi amir1428,

This thread is 3 years old, you may have better luck creating a new forum post since I'm not sure if Carlos will respond. Could you explain a little bit more on your question? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,565 Views)