From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agilent 8753ES .csv data output format

Solved!
Go to solution

I need to be able to read .csv results files from an Agilent 8753ES, into my LabVIEW programme.

However, I don't yet have access to the 8753ES.

Can anyone provide me with a sample .csv file from the 8753ES, so that I can make a start on producing the code?

Many thanks,

Dan

Dan
CLD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,915 Views)
What data are you trying to capture? You can get all sorts of data from the 8753 in all sorts of formats, so your request is somewhat vague. Also, why would you need a sample .csv file from the 87843? A .csv file is a generic format, so you can use any .csv file, including one you generate yourself. Besides, when you get data from the 8753 it would be direct, would it not? Why would you need to go through a .csv file?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,904 Views)

Essentially, we plan to build a number of RF test jigs to be used in production test.  Each jig will be characterised on the network analyser at the time of building.  The intention would be to generate a CSV file of, say, its S21 characteristics across a frequency range.

When a given jig is taken off the shelf for use in production test, the operator will have to select the corresponding CSV file, so that the LabVIEW programme can use this data to compensate for variations from one test jig to another.

The file format I had in mind was as per page 259 (4-43) of the manual at http://cp.literature.agilent.com/litweb/pdf/08753-90479.pdf.

I was just after an example of the file format (with whatever column headers, whitespace, etc.), so that I can read the file in and get LV to extract the relevant data.

Dan
CLD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,900 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DanB1983

You can also simply gather the S21 data directly from the network analyzer and then you can save it in whatever format you want. That's essentially what we do here to collect calibration data for the RF paths for the test setups.

Attached is an example of a .csv file. This is the S21 data for a sweep of a through-adapter.

Message 4 of 4
(3,885 Views)