LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agilent 548xx multiple channels

Solved!
Go to solution
I downloaded the driver off Ni's site and am able to configure scaling and trigger and read from one channel. Problem is my client's testing requires sometimes reading 2 and sometimes reading 3 channels also. The configuration sub-palette has a VI for configuring 2 channel mode or 4 channel mode, but I can't get this working. Tried changing the order that I configure things in, no help there. Anyone using an old Agilent scope and reading multiple channels, or know of an example along these lines?
Thanks,
lmd2
Lawrence M. David Jr.
Certified LabVIEW Architect
cell: 516.819.9711
http://www.aleconsultants.com
larry@aleconsultants.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,470 Views)

This may depend on the scope you are using. This page has a list of the supported models. I would check real quick to make sure the scope you are using is on the list just to rule out that possiblility. 

Rob S
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,428 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author lmd2
Thanks Rob, yes I am using a 54825A which is supported by that driver, but the Configure Multiple Channels function is only valid for the 54845A. Found the work around though, in the Action-Status subPalette is a function called hp548xx Actn On Off.vi
I used this to force three channels to be enabled, and was then able to configure them and retrieve the waveforms from all three channels.
Thanx for the reply, weird that the one function is limited to a single model while the rest of the functions are valid for the entire family, but at least there is a simple work-around.
Thanks again
lmd2
Lawrence M. David Jr.
Certified LabVIEW Architect
cell: 516.819.9711
http://www.aleconsultants.com
larry@aleconsultants.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,418 Views)

There appears to be some ideosyncratic behavior in the driver for that scope.

As I recall, you need to make some changes to the "Read binary data block.vi" since it resets the instrument after reading a selected waveform.  (Tossing out any data from the other channels)  

Essentially you need something other than the SRQ event to see if your acquisition is complete. Its not too hard to hack through it but make darn sure you "Save as.. "the vi's you need to chew-up or you'll break your co-worker's code.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,412 Views)