From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agilent 4294 LV 7.1 program doesn't work in LV2016

Hi All,

I am trying to run a VI written in LV 7.1 in LV2016. Program seem to go through initialization steps and get stuck in a loop. After some debugging I realized a message box doesn't pop up. If I copy this message box to a new VI it works. Can someone point me in the right direction? I LV knowlege is beginner level. Copy of the main VI attached.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,614 Views)

First of all, there is no reason that this code should take up a block diagram this size.  I'm guessing you inherited this code from another programmer but, upon first glance, this program looks like it could be shrunk down to fit on a 1024x768 screen without scrolling, if state machines, subVIs and event structures are used properly.  It might be worth undertaking that task, if you are up for it and are willing to learn about proper program architecture.  I'm sure you could get a lot of help from people on this forum if you decide to do that.

So is the code getting stuck in the first initialization loop with the dialogs about file locations and overwrite permissions, etc or somewhere else? 

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,587 Views)