LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agilent 34970A

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a problem with acquiring from Agilent 34970A devices.

Currently I have several devices of Agilenet 34970A with 3 DAQ cards all connected to thermocouples and I have written a software that reads from all of them but sequentially meaning that I have to acquire all data from the first device buffer before starting acquring from the second device and this is causing problem for me for the sampling rate.

What I have read and know that I can at first , intialize all devices with required settings and then send a trigger to all devices and then acquire data from buffer once all of them finish scanning. and then resend the trigeer everytime i need a new scan which is in my case continous scanning

I have looked into the example Advanced Scan of agilent library but the problem I cannot understand quite how to set the machine to have a trigger sent programatically by me, the options are not understandable by me, if any one can help , it will be much appreciated.

I have attached Agilent Library and my code which is a modification for the advanced scan 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,089 Views)
Try the VISA Assert Trigger to execute GET.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,066 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MechatronicsEngineer

I used the GPIB IEEE488.2 with trigger all and read all and it worked 😄 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,870 Views)