cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agilent 33250A synchronized with DT9812

Solved!
Go to solution

Thank you for your replies.

I fixed the communication problem with the scope.Now, I need to save data -say 5 times- from the scope everytime the frequency is increased. I attached two VIs that I am using for controlling scope and signal generator.

( I also have a problem with the code that I use to control signal generator. When, I execute it highlighted, it works fine. But when I turn highlighting off, the code doesn't turn the burst mode on, it just increases the frequency)

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(1,000 Views)

Hi deniz,

Are you able to determine when the frequency is increased?  Once you are able to you that, you can read data from your oscilloscope and write it to a file in a number of ways (Choosing a File IO Format). 

Regarding the execution highlighting, this debugging technique slows down the code execution.  You may need to insert wait functions to to get the same behavior without execution hightlighting.

Regards,

Lynn

National Instruments
Senior Systems Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(993 Views)

Now,the problem is when I run the code for saving data from the scope, I get (error –1073807298 Could not perform operation because of I/O error)

I am using LabVIEW 8.6 and the scope is LeCroy WavePro 760 Zi. And I am using ethernet port to control the scope.

The problem is caused by LcWave.VI as far as I can see but I don't know what is the source of error.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(989 Views)

Hi Deniz,

There is not enough information for me to troubleshoot this.

I need to know what vi you are running and also which vi caused the error (lcwave.vi is not a valid vi name in the LeCroy drivers)

I am not able to duplicate this error with my scope and the LabVIEW drivers because I am not sure what vi I should be using.

Once I can duplicate the error, I will be able to give you the solution.

Regard,

Leonard Brown

LeCroy Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(982 Views)

The VI that i am using is in the attached folder (lecroy_data.VI) It is kinda odd but now it is giving me Error -1073807342.

I guess the error that I was getting before and current one is somewhat related to VISA.And I am pretty sure I am entering the visa address correctly.

Thank you

Deniz

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(967 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author deniz

Hi Deniz,

I used the vi you attached and I get an error but it is not the same one you are getting.

I am unable to duplicate the error you are seeing.

Could you tell me what sub vi it came from?

I do notice that you do not initialize and close the VISA port. (If LabVIEW is not set to automatically close the reference, you will only get one run and all others will fail because it thinks the resource is already in use).

I added the initialize and close vi's to your code and I can it runs and saves data with no errors.

Your VISA resource name appears to be correct.

I am thinking this may be a VISA related error though.

The initialize.vi will open the port and then clear it of any garbage that may be left over from a previous connection.

If something is on the port when we connect, and we do not clear it out first, we will have problems when we try to read information back from the scope.

Try putting the Initialize and Close vi's in the code and see what happens.

I did not take the time to comment or clean up your code, but here is an image file with the Initialize and Close vi's included.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(960 Views)

This solved the problem.

Thank you very much

Deniz

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(925 Views)