LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agilent 33210a output disabled in remote use

I am trying to use this instrument driver (2018 version) with labview 2019 to make an agilent 33210a function generator to output a triangle wave. The problem is that every time I run the VI (which runs without errors) the function generator displays "output off" and no signal comes out. Some relevant information is that when I launch the vi labview returns the following warning message:warning_message.JPG

I think that this means labview can't find the necessary files for startup from the instrument library, but I don't know where those would be since they aren't in the instrument driver folder I downloaded.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,758 Views)

Those drivers were written to be in the <LabVIEW>\instr.lib\Agilent 33XXX Series folder.  You seem to be cross-linking your drivers as well.  So put the files for this driver where it belongs and try again.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,749 Views)

@diracnrollhalloffame wrote:

I am trying to use this instrument driver (2018 version) with labview 2019 to make an agilent 33210a function generator to output a triangle wave. The problem is that every time I run the VI (which runs without errors) the function generator displays "output off" and no signal comes out. Some relevant information is that when I launch the vi labview returns the following warning message:warning_message.JPG

I think that this means labview can't find the necessary files for startup from the instrument library, but I don't know where those would be since they aren't in the instrument driver folder I downloaded.

Firstly, the Agilent 33xxx Series folder belongs in your LabVIEW xxxx/instr.lib folder.  It may just start working if you do that.

EDIT: Guess I was a bit tardy.  😉

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,747 Views)