--
Shan Pin Koh
OakRiver Technology - www.OakRiverTechnology.com
(651) 770-8710 ext. 18
(651) 770-8724 fax
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,318 Views)
I'm just updating this message with the fact that I found a solution already. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,318 Views)

Hi there,

I am glad you found the solutions. I am in need of its driver, too. Could you please provide me with the driver URL?

Thank you in advance,

Wish you luck!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,795 Views)
It's not likely you'll get an answer from a 14 year old thread. You'll probably have to write the code yourself.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,787 Views)

Hello Dennis

Thanks a lot, I did not notice of the date 🙂 so funny man!

BTW, the only thing I may ask you and have hope for your helos is that I am reading this:

http://literature.cdn.keysight.com/litweb/pdf/11896-90011.pdf

if you go to page 69, there are some scripts written and mentioned to use Agilent 11896A. This is new to me and I have never worked or seen these kind of stuff. Can you please gimme a hint how I can model my polarization controller in labVIEW as a box? (like other Laser, Kiethly device etc.)?

Your comments are much appreciated

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,773 Views)
The examples are all using HP Basic so you ignore the input and output keywords and just use VISA Reads and Writes to get days and to send the commands. The main instrument driver page has information on how to write your own driver - http://www.ni.com/downloads/instrument-drivers/

You might also want to look at the block diagrams of existing drivers and search for gpib tutorials.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,764 Views)

@hamed.alavirad wrote:

Hello Dennis

Thanks a lot, I did not notice of the date 🙂 so funny man!

BTW, the only thing I may ask you and have hope for your helos is that I am reading this:

http://literature.cdn.keysight.com/litweb/pdf/11896-90011.pdf

if you go to page 69, there are some scripts written and mentioned to use Agilent 11896A. This is new to me and I have never worked or seen these kind of stuff. Can you please gimme a hint how I can model my polarization controller in labVIEW as a box? (like other Laser, Kiethly device etc.)?

Your comments are much appreciated

First the controller appears to be IEEE-488.2 compliant.  This is good news!  but only if you are familliar with SCPI multi-line message format and Instrument driver techknolegy.

If you are not-  The Driver Development guidelines for VISA Plug-n-Play Project style Dennis linked are mandatory reading!  Feel free to reach out to your local NE Rep and any Alliance partners near you for explainations (heck, go so far as seeing if anyone at your local LabVIEW User's Group will present a lecture on the topic)

There is an instrument driver project template.  Start there!  Learning best practices by standing on the shoulders of those who made all the mistakes before and learned painfully how to do it better just makes a lot of sense!

SCPI MLMF syntax is easy to learn from just about any modern Agilent / HP / Keysight programmers manual.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,751 Views)