LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Age on other planets

I need help with with clusters. I have constucted a Vi that tells you how old you would be on other planets. The problem im haveing how to  make my outputs into a cluster.

I have attactch the VI 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,373 Views)

I see you are already using the Unbundle By Name.  Give a good look at the Bundle and the Bundle By Name functions.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,366 Views)

I dont think im useing it right. im not 100% on how to use the function

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,356 Views)

You are close.

To use the bundle by name you have to supply a template cluster at the middle terminal.

If you do not need/ want a template then just use bundle.

See examples:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/3B95DA3AF77A609786256960005B8720

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,343 Views)

There were code that could be moded for efficiency....

• The current date will be sync with computer clock, does not have to be set by user
  • made your algorithm into a for loop array
  • bundle planet and factors together into an array, do the algorithm, then rebundle information.... Smiley Wink

D6.8mod.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,318 Views)

Apok, you don't need the unbundle and rebundle the planet name inside of the Inplace Element Structure.  It will keep it for you.  That is the point of INPLACE.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,304 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

Apok, you don't need the unbundle and rebundle the planet name inside of the Inplace Element Structure.  It will keep it for you.  That is the point of INPLACE.

your right on the little details ..brain fart

D6.8mod[1]_BD.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,295 Views)

And Pluto is no longer a planet.  Smiley Very Happy

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,211 Views)

@apok wrote:

@crossrulz wrote:

your right on the little details ..brain fart

D6.8mod[1]_BD.png

Time for a bit of LabVIEW Trivia. 

In LabVIEW 2009 that Inplace Element Structure helped to keep code like this from creating data copies.

!0.png

Therefore the IPE improved performance of the unbundle operate bundle snip at the small cost of adding an additional synchronization boundry on the structure.

Since then the compiler has continued to improve and several optomizations have been added.  Since at least 2011 the optomizer will operate on this snip inplace in most cases (overall code complexity may prevent optomization)  The result being the same benifit to perfomance without the extra synchronization boundry and yes, better performance without the IPE.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 9 of 9
(3,204 Views)