From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Again about the CPU ID and Harddisk serial number

In the program that in the link http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/144143/1/windows%20info.zip , where unclebump gave me.  It seems that the programs are not able to get me the CPU ID(unique CPU serial number). Also they could get me the volumn serial number of the logical driver of my computer, is that the so called "HD serial number". I formerly thought that it is an unique number for a physical harddisk driver.

Someone told me that I could not get CPU ID and HD Serial Number from the windows registry directly is that right? Besides, if the machine is using some other OS(Linux for example), how could I get these information in a labview program?

By the way, how could I get the current IP address of the the computer from labview?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(14,831 Views)
To get the IP address, wire the 'String to IP' primitive to 'IP to String' primitive (from the Communication >> TCP palette) with a True for the dot notation.  See attachment.

-Khalid
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(14,828 Views)
And if you have more than one network card active, you can right click the String to IP function and select multiple output.

(14,798 Views)

Sounds like we need a way to implement S.M.A.R.T. hard drive monitoring in Labview. I'll look for some code.

http://www.ariolic.com/activesmart/smart-technology.html

http://www.panterasoft.com/pics/hhealth.gif

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(14,789 Views)

Uncle, you have an HD with 60,000 GB???

Where can I get one of those? Smiley Very Happy

(14,784 Views)
That gif was from the company webpage, not mine. I think it is one of those , or . to indicate decimal place things. It might be possible to do this with .NET info. I have found some info on WMI and MSStorageDriver_FailurePredictData. Anyone have experience with any of this??? I think we can read the WMI data with windows scripting .vbs files. I'm not real familiar with any of this, but it will be a good way to kill the day.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(14,779 Views)
Here is a vi and a script file(.vbs) to read the cpu id string. 7.0 format. You will need to have windows scripting enabled. Still working on a method to get the hard drive number.
Message 7 of 12
(14,764 Views)
Here are two vi's and .vbs files that enumerate all items in Win32_Processor and Win32_PhysicalMedia. Some of the items may be empty. I verified the drive serial number is correct, not sure how to verify cpu number.
Message 8 of 12
(14,754 Views)

Some BIOS display the processor ID.

You could use that for cross-checks...

Rgds,

Gurdas

Gurdas Sandhu, Ph.D.
ORISE Research Fellow at US EPA
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(14,205 Views)

Here is how to get hard disk serial using .NET