From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After upgrading to LabView 2013, PCI-7813R is not showing up as a RIO Device in MAX.

After upgrading to LabView 2013, PCI-7813R is not showing up as a RIO Device in MAX.  It is listed as a RIO device in the Windows Device Manager.  LabView will not let me select it as a FPGA Target.  How do I get LabView to recognize the card as a RIO device?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,384 Views)

Did you also  update the RIO drivers?  Which version do you  currently have installed?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,379 Views)

I updated the driver to 13.1.0.49153, dated 1/27/14.  This did not correct the problem.  When I open Windows Device Manager, the PCI-7813R is listed under the NI-RIO devices.  When it shows up in MAX, it is not listed as a RIO device.  I also cannot select it as a target.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,368 Views)

What version of LabVIEW 2013 are you running?  The original release or service pack 1?

Look at NI-RIO and LabVIEW Version Compatibility

If you are running 2013, you need RIO drivers 13.0.1.

If you are running 2013SP1, then RIO drivers 13.1 should be okay.

Make sure you install the drivers AFTER installing LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,359 Views)

I am running LabView 2013 SP1.   Accourding to the table, it should be the right driver.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,351 Views)

Did you also install the 2013 SP1 FPGA Module?

Thomas C.
FlexRIO Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,317 Views)

Yes, I have installed the FPGA Module SP1.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,306 Views)

I would suggest installing the latest version of MAX via the NI System Configuration distribution.

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-system-configuration-14.0.1/5014/en/

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,296 Views)

I completely uninstalled LabView from the computer and started over.  I re-installed LabView 2013 SP1.  I still cannot get LabView to recognize the PCI-7813R card as a RIO device.  The device shows up in the MAX tree, but nothing happens when I click on it.  When I try to set it as an FPGA target from my project, I get an error saying I have the wrong resource name.  It says to check the resource name in MAX.  When I look in MAX the Name is blank.  I am not sure what to try from here.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,224 Views)

Hello,

If you open MAX>My System>Software does NI R Series Multifunction RIO and NI-RIO show up?  What versions are they?

If you do not have these please install the RIO driver and ensure that R Series Support is installed.

Regards,

Thomas C.
FlexRIO Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,202 Views)