LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After installing labview stand alone application orcad and other programs don't work

Hi all,

We build a large program with hundreds of vis using Labview 8.2. We create an installer to install this program at our cusomter's computers. It appears that after installing our program, Orcad (previously installed on customer's computer) doesn't work and a number of Windows dll files are erased.

Does anyone know why this happens, and how we can prevent it? We certainly don't use anything from Orcad in our program.

Thanks,

Danielle

"Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.”
― Terry Pratchett
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,923 Views)

Hi,

I was misinformed: Installing our program doesn't erase any dlls, but it changes the system environment variables: it removes the system path variable consistently (%systemroot%system32), and in the case of Orcad it removes additional parameters so that Orcad does not find its dlls. 

Why does Labview do this? Is there any way to prevent this?

Thanks,

Danielle

― Terry Pratchett
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,905 Views)
What is your os? I dont dace any problem with my orcad because of lv application
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,901 Views)

Hi,

We develop and install our program on Windows XP.

The problem doesn't appear when Labview is installed with Orcad; only when installing a Labview executable program after installing Orcad.

For example, I build a project myfun in Labview to myfun.exe, and build an installer for it. After using the installer, the environment variables are changed and Orcad can't find its dlls.

Thanks,

Danielle

― Terry Pratchett
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,893 Views)
Ok i havent tried it this way. Hmmm lets see If we can simulate it...........
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,885 Views)

Hi,

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Danielle

― Terry Pratchett
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,783 Views)