LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After correct measurement of 1 channel 1 sample analog data 1 per minute with the USB 6009 for 2 days, the device stops with the error -50405

Solved!
Go to solution

After correct measurement of 1 channel  1 sample analog data  1 per minute with the USB 6009 for 2 days, the device stops with the error -50405, see dialog:

Anyone knowing a solution?

Bart Veltkamp

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,148 Views)

Hi,

Would this link correspond to your issue?

USB Data Acquisition Device Not Responding

Cheers,

Olivier L. | Certified LabVIEW Developer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,141 Views)

Oliver,

Thanks for your reply. 

Though no other USB devices have been added, I will try to use a powered USB hub. I will test next week and report the results.

friendly greetings,

Bart 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,128 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bart@level

ALSO!

a note on DAQmx (and here I'm shaking the magic 8-Ball BUT, I've seen this before) Make sure you are not creating the task each time you use it.  Create the task once- use it forever, then and only then, destroy the task.  Ther are only 4096 tasks that DAQmx can "remember".  The timing suggests that you are call the create task operation twice per minute (86400/60*@2>4096) 

Don't forget to change the hub power options either (from device manager) Windows defaults to allowing the OS to shut down USB power to conserve energy.  This of course shuts down any Hub powered devices and resets them.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 4 of 14
(3,119 Views)

Thanks Jef,

I will look at the settings of the hub power options in windows device manager. Test next week.

Bart

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,107 Views)

I used an external powered USB hub and set in the device manager the USB devices to be not switched of by the system to conserve power. Up to now this works, no more error -50405. If the eroor returns I will post it here.

thanks guys,

Bart

Message 6 of 14
(3,081 Views)

The same error -50405 has recurred. So it seems that powering the USB hub and setting of the device manager to not switch off the power to the USB 6009 is not the remedy yet. 

Resetting the USB 6009, after the error has occurred, in the program seems possible, but then also the 10 digital input tasks for this device have to be reinitialized, which seems to be a strange way of programming.

any ideas?

friendly greetings,

Bart

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,057 Views)

Hello,

If you are experiencing communication loss with your USB data acquisition device, a quality powered hub connected to USB 2.0 may help. Alternatively, consider trying a different PC.

Let me know if you get the same problem.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,015 Views)

I use a powered USB 2.0 hub from Belkin. Another PC did not help either.

bart

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,001 Views)

Hi Bart,

To bad that they didn't help you, but I found some info about your problem and hope that it will be useful for you.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Instrument-Control-GPIB-Serial/USB-Hub-Power-Management-LabView/m-p/1226898?...

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/99B52386D8D846228625696F0052B7C8?OpenDocument

Regards,

Hossein 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(2,973 Views)