LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After Windows10 auto updates, NI MAX can not find my crio automatically.

Solved!
Go to solution

Crio does not appear in the remote system just by F5. But I still can find crio by assign crio's ip address.

I have uninstalled the recent windows updates except these two which can not be uninstalled(KB4343669,KB4338853).

Does windows update disable some ni service? How can I solve the problem except reinstalling LabVIEW?

Any suggestions will be appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,717 Views)

I'd start by checking the status of the NI Services.  Type "Services" in Windows 10's "Search" box and open the Desktop App that it references.  Have Paper and Pencil ready, and scroll down to the NI xxxx list of Services.  You should have 13-20 or so,  most of them running.  If you can Screen-capture the list, do so (along with Status and Startup Type), otherwise use Paper and Pencil.

Report back.  If, by mishap, you are missing some that you need, a Reinstall (of LabVIEW, not, thank goodness, of Windows) might be necessary ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,687 Views)

I checked all the NI xxx service,and compared with another PC whose MAX is in good status.This problem may locate in "NI mDNS Responder Service".This service is set to auto starting but not in running status after PC booted. If I manually start the service,it will also stop automatically at once.And this service on the other PC is running well.So the new question maybe "How can I repair the service"?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,676 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author 5555cs

That's bad.  How many versions (and which ones!) of LabVIEW do you have on your PC?  You might be able to get away with a "Repair" for all the installed National Instruments Software, but you also might need to do a "Remove/ReInstall" cycle.  Do you have call-in support to NI?  My guess is they are going to tell you the same thing, but they may have you try some simpler things, as well.

Calling NI was my first approach the 5 or 8 times this happened to me (it has been quite a few, maybe even more than a dozen).  Only once did the "simple" fix work -- most other cases it was a "Remove All", reboot, Reinstall.  And don't get me started with LabVIEW 2011!

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,651 Views)

I only have LabVIEW 2015.And I have done "Repair" even installed "NI system configuration 17.0",but none of them works.I don't have call-in support,reinstalling might be necessary.Thanks a lot for suggestions.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,636 Views)

The Good News is that if you haven't done too many updates, you should be able to do a clean UnInstall.  Before removing LabVIEW, be sure you have Installation Media/Materials and a License Number for the re-install. 

• Open Control Panel, go to Programs and Features, find National Instruments Software, and select it.
  • Notice if it loads NI Package Manager -- if it does, you have to do a little more work ...
  • You want to "Remove All" (if NIPM is present, this step will not remove it).  Be patient, this process takes a while (many minutes).
  • Reboot.
  • Go back into Control Panel, Programs and Features.  National Instruments Software should be gone.
  • If NI Package Manager is present, select it and try to remove it.  You want this to be gone, as well.
  • Once your system is LabVIEW-free, reboot, and start the Installation Process.  Only install those elements (Modules, Toolkits, and Drivers) that you really need.

Good luck.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,633 Views)