From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After Generate Report Get Data to Modify.vi, the unbundle doesn't work right.

I'm fairly new to the program, interning at a local company.  I activated LabVIEW 8.5 on two additional computers right as rain, but for some reason, on one of them, certain VIs, such as excel.llb\append report data (str).vi, do not execute.  The broken arrow points to the unbundle by names, which take place after a Generate Report Get Data to Modify.vi .  I took a look at the online evaluation version of LabVIEW 8.5 on the NI website, but the only differences between the working block diagrams online and the ones on my computer are that the ones on my computer don't have blue names.  I clicked on the names online and several options appeared.  I clicked on the names in the VI block diagram on my computer, and it didn't even have the option that it had by default.  It's like the Get Data to Modify isn't passing any, or the right information. 

Additional info:  I had this problem on the other computer, but I just re-copied the files and it worked fine.  That didn't happen with this one.  Also, the same version of Office is installed on both of them.  The biggest difference between that desktop and my work laptop is just that the desktop had the instruments I'm working with attached to it already.  Could that be it?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,509 Views)
Hello,

Are you sure that you have the Report Generation Toolkit completely installed on the computer where you are seeing the issue?  This may be available in the evaluation version, but not in your copy if you have not purchased it. 

Also, I cannot find any VI titled excel.llb\Excel excel.llb\append report data (str).vi, could you double check this name so that others can help you out?  If you do not have full functionality, I would assume that not all of the components are installed completely.
Kameralina

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,484 Views)