From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice: Communicating Multiple cRIOs with Multiple Hosts

Hi, 

I'm trying to come up with the best way of developing the following application: monitor multiple cRIO's data on multiple PCs. I want to create a dashboard that will be able to display current status of cRIO's. I'm going to have multiple cRIO's installed among various machines at my facility (currently I have two installed but this may expand) and will most likely expand this. I have an application I developed that will communicate with one of the cRIO's and it uses Network Streams to read various signals. My plan is to duplicate the variables and front panel in such a way it will be view-able from multiple PC's. I don't know if network streams is the best option for this type of application. 

I'm open to suggestions as to the best approach to make this easy to expand and maintain for future installments. I was looking at web servers.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,324 Views)

Hello T._P_Titherington,

This question is pretty broad, so there are multiple routes you can go. You can use shared variables, the distributed systems manager, and OPC servers, just to name a few. 

Since you have some NI hardware and are planning to get more, I recommend calling either your local sales representative or calling our support engineers. That way someone can devote some time and bandwidth to helping you figure out the best solution. 

ZK
Technical Support Engineer | NI | Not actually retired but I don't know how to change that
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,271 Views)