LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced DSC run time support selection causes EXE errors

When an exe is built in 8.0 with the advanced DSC run time support selected, the resulting application cannot find the LabVIEW run time engine. If this is not selected, then the exe finds the run time engine but gives a Property Node error. The application dynamically binds the Network URL at run time based on user input by using the SharedVariableIO Property Node. Tech support says that LV run-time license is only needed for this case, but I can only get the exe to run if both LV and DSC dev environments are loaded on the system. Is any one else out there having similar problems?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,612 Views)
Could you give more info on which property you are using  ?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,600 Views)

I am using the SharedVariableIO Network URL property to bind the shared variable to another shared variable on the DSC server. By using this dynamic binding, I can reuse a single client on many different machines and bind to several data sources on the server.

Thanks,

Exile

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,598 Views)
I belive that property comes from DSC package. So I think you would need to have LV-DSC RunTime engine installed on the .exe machine (if you do not have the DSC dev installed).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,596 Views)
NI has stated that since I am not dynamically changing the Logging, Security, or Alarm features DSC run-time is not required so I am trying to see if anyone else has been able to dynamically change the URL of a SV while running their exe on just the LV run-time license. Since changing the URL really has nothing to do with data logging and in fact is allowed with the old DataSocket technology, it should be available to SV users.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,590 Views)
This problem has been resolved. The DSC run-time is NOT required if you are only dynamically binding the Network URL via the SharedVariableIO.
Steps to take:
1. Load the shared variable libraries for the application dynamically. Call the App invoke node's Library.DeployLibrary method to do this. Do not use the DSC module LoadLibrary VI because the DSC run-time will then be required.
2. Ensure the Advanced DSC Run-Time Support feature in the Application Builder Advanced tab is NOT selected.
3. Place the shared variable libraries in the Dynamic VIs and Support Files section of the Source Files tab.

This seems simple once you know the proper way to do it but your exe will not run unless all of these steps are followed.
Message 6 of 6
(3,577 Views)