From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adlink products with Labview

i am using a Nudams Network wchich is an ADlink products and i have The labview 6.1 and want to use it with the Nudams so what the additional software component that i have to install with the Labview and where to get it?

thanks in advance
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,245 Views)
Hi,

Communication with the hardware will depend on the interface – is it serial or PCI? If it is serial, you can use the low-level serial commands or NI-VISA to communicate with it. If you have LabVIEW 7.0 and above, there is also the Instrument I/O Assistant that will help you get started communicating with the device as well.

If the device is PCI, you’ll probably want to see what kind of driver Adlink provides with the hardware. If they have a dll for the device, you could use the Call Library Function node (within the Advanced subpalette of the functions palette) in LabVIEW to interface with the dll.

Hope this helps. Best of luck!

Kileen
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,233 Views)
http://www.adlinktech.com/PD/web/PD_List.php?cKind=FN&sid=19&id=3&seq=2

Try this link. They have both Active-x and OPC drivers that you can access from Labview.

Good luck,
Dave
Message 3 of 3
(3,223 Views)