From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding, removing 2nd Y-scale (with text label) reduces plot area

I'm developing a plotting application. If multiple plots on a graph have different units a second Y-scale is made visible, the appropriate units are inserted as the scale label and the plot indices are associated with the appropriate scale. This all works fine except for one problem: as the 2nd scale (and label) are successively made visible and invisible the plot area is reduced each time.  After several iterations the plot area is reduced to a tiny fraction of its original size. Is there a way to prevent this behavior?

The attachment demonstrates the behavior. Run the app and select a plot from one of the menu rings on the right side of the graph. Then successively add a second plot from another menu ring, then change it back to a blank (thus removing it).

TIA...
don
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,501 Views)
I know it's bad form to answer your own question, but I found the answer while looking through some other posts. Guess I should've done that first. Oops.

For anyone interested, right-click on the graph, select Advanced, then un-check Auto Adjust Scales.  I had scoured through the Property Nodes, but didn't think to look on the front panel.
Message 2 of 4
(2,498 Views)

" know it's bad form to answer your own question, ..."

Not in my book! Answers from the original poster are the only answers we can be SURE work.

"...but I found the answer while looking through some other posts. "

It is concidered a common courtesy (sp?) to provide a reference to the thread were you found the answer and mention the name of the person who originally shared the answer.

Let me guess!

It was a post by Christian wasn't it?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,485 Views)
Right you are!
My answer was posted by altenbach in a thread titled, "How do I control the position of the plot area on an XY graph?"

-Peace
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,473 Views)