From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding remaining samples of an array to the next one

Hello

I have a series of arrays (512 samples each) from which some of them are sub-divided into more sub-arrays (of length 63 each or 68 etc) depending on some factor. Most of the times the number i want the array to be divided to, does not evenly divided to 512, i.e, there are some samples remaining at the end (512/63=8 sub arrays +8 remaining samples), which are zero-padded to create another sub-array.
What i would like to do, instead of zero-padding those remaining samples, to transfer them at the beginning of the next array (512+8) and then that array of 520 now, to be divided into whatever number of sub-arrays i need to and this to be repeated whenever remaining samples exist. Is this possible? Could somebody help me here please?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,306 Views)

You could just append all arrays first (built array, concatenate mode), then get your series of subsets (or reshape as e.g. N x 68, where each row will be one subset).

There are many possible other solutions depending on how the data is arranged. Please attach a simple example containing simulated data. Is all data known from the beginning or does new data arrive in a loop?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,303 Views)
Hello Altenbach

If i just attach my code and point you exactly where the arrays come and where i get the length for the subsets from, would that be ok?New data arrive at each iteration in the loop and i dont know how to put everything together
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,298 Views)

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,289 Views)