LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding and removing files from installers

Solved!
Go to solution

Personally I think that I would use the windows apps and settings to uninstall the product ( after copying the file to persist to a temp folder) on currently installations then just run the improved installer. For all cases.  No future troubles because all installations have been installed with proper uninstaller instructions.

Agree.  But this is deployed and was not forseen.  We essentially have a case where the user wants to use an existing configuration file from a previous deployment that I was not in control of.  I like the idea though of having a post installation script that allows the user to choose whether they want to install the default config file.  Unfortunately, these are intended to run without user interaction on an embedded Windows system so the user does not have access to any dialogues during installation.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(299 Views)

@cirrusio wrote:

Personally I think that I would use the windows apps and settings to uninstall the product ( after copying the file to persist to a temp folder) on currently installations then just run the improved installer. For all cases.  No future troubles because all installations have been installed with proper uninstaller instructions.

Agree.  But this is deployed and was not forseen.  We essentially have a case where the user wants to use an existing configuration file from a previous deployment that I was not in control of.  I like the idea though of having a post installation script that allows the user to choose whether they want to install the default config file.  Unfortunately, these are intended to run without user interaction on an embedded Windows system so the user does not have access to any dialogues during installation.

Tongue in cheek response-  I'm glad that is not my problem 🙂

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(293 Views)