LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Values to an Array Within a State Machine

Solved!
Go to solution

I am building a VI that controls several instruments and then takes data from these measurements and applies them to calculations relevant to material science, such as resistivity and Seebeck effect. I have created a state machine that establishes a voltage level and takes three sets of three different measurement points using a Keithley 7001 scanner and Keithley 2182 nanovoltmeter. I am now trying to figure out how to take the measurements and put them into three seperate arrays so that I can use them for analysis later. I prefer arrays because there are several VIs that can help me do what I need to do easily (such as the Mean VI), but if something else would work better I am open for input.

My simple question: What is the best way to take the measurements from the cases Meas 1, Meas 2, and Meas 3 and place them into three seperate arrays?

I have attached my VI.

Edit: Right after posting this I decided that I will take the sequence structures holding the measuring sections and instead turn them into cases inside the state machine. I will post a new VI of this when I am finished.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,382 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author gbaby

In this example below, I used a structure called Meas #. This structure allows each meas to have it's own unique array.

The structure is an array of clusters. The cluster contains a string array called Data.

Hope this helps.

test1.png

CLD Certified 2014
Message 2 of 2
(2,341 Views)