LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding IR sensors to sbRIO-9631.

Solved!
Go to solution

I have an sbRIO-9631 within the starter kit 1.0 and am trying to connect IR sensors to provide better data than the Ultrasonic detectors. My Trouble is connecting to the sensors. Any help is requested, I have connected the sensors to the board, but I am not sure if I did it correctly. if you know of any tutorials that can help me, it would be greaty appreciated. the only tutorials Ive found do far are what i can use extra sensors for and not how to use them.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,939 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Defested

Hello Defested,

In the sbRIO 9631 User Guide you can see in page 12, Figure 9, that connector J7 lets you access the Analog I/O. This is in case you are not using a C Series module. You can connect your sensor in several ways: RSE, NRSE and Differential.

You can check out the Field Wiring and Noise Considerations for Analog Signals article for more information on how to wire your sensor. We recommend using a Differential connection in case you have multiple sensors and are concerned about signal fidelity. In case your sensor is a floating signal source, you would want to add a bias resistor from AI- to AI GND.

Regards,
Daniel REDS
RF Systems Engineer

Help us grow.
If a post solves your question, mark it as The Solution.
If a post helps, give Kudos to it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,919 Views)

Thank you very much, this was very helpful. The other half of my problem is that i cannot find the steps to take in labview to use that i/o. Could you help me with that?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,896 Views)

Hello Defested,

You just need to add the sbRIO 9631 in the LabVIEW Project Explorer. Select Real-Time Single-Board RIO. You can then create a VI by right clicking on the RT Single-Board RIO » New » VI and drag the channels under your module over to the Block Diagram in order to read from them.

sbRIO9631 channels.PNG

Regards,
Daniel REDS
RF Systems Engineer

Help us grow.
If a post solves your question, mark it as The Solution.
If a post helps, give Kudos to it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,867 Views)