From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add icon in Add/Remove Program

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

But you can include multiple executables in an installer! You'd need to be able to select which one to use.

(Or no executable at all - I sometimes create 'prerequisites' installers to install the RTE/drivers that don't even include an executable)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

That makes sense. I've kept my LabView projects pretty simplistic, with only one exe, so selectivity would be nice, but with only one exe it should default to that exe's icon. Or possiblye the icon selected could default to the top included exe in the installer list?? With the idea of selectivity if a person wanted they could then choose a different icon if they wish.

Glad to answer questions. Thanks for any KUDOS or marked solutions 😉
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(1,110 Views)

Those who deploy software should familiarize themselves enough with the windows registry to be confident doing simple things like this. This works, but you have to enter the explicit path, unless someone knows how to grab the [TARGETDIR] property as well?

These settings are all in the installer properties dialog.

First put the icon file in a nice place, like here with your application.

Demo_icon_destination.png

Then tell windows uninstall the path

Registry.png

By default the property [ProductCode] is a random key and unique for each build of the installer, even if you keep the upgrade code constant. (another interesting subject) Therefore you should have no worries about affecting some registry entry that is already in place.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(217 Views)