LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Scrollbar to Array

Does anyone know if it is possible to add a scrollbar to an array? I want to replace the index display with a scrollbar.

My first thought to do this leads me to believe that I would need to fix the size of the arrayl. Can the size of an array be fixed?

Thank you,

-Ron Synakowski
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,097 Views)
I think there was a thread about a similar question within the last week or two. Search the archives.

Using property nodes you can specify Number of Visible Columns and Rows and what part of the array is displayed. You could customize a slider control to serve as your scroll bar.

Lynn
Message 2 of 7
(3,089 Views)
Thank you, Lynn. I believe I did find the post you were talking about entitled "Auto Scroll Table." The idea they presented there worked really well, were a slider was attached to a Property Node and IndexVals was used to tell the Array/Table which index to start at.

Thank you for the guidance.

-Ron
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,074 Views)
you can definitely attach a scroll bar control and an array, there you just have to attach the index to the scroll value and update it on the scroll value change event.  Also you should update the maximum scroll value property to be the size of the array (this can be done periodically or as a user defined event), so you don't have to fix the array size,  I have done this in the past without too much work, but it would have been nice to allow the array control to have this option built in (maybe LV8).
Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,069 Views)

Thanks Uncle!

Reply #24 of 31 in that thread includes detailed instructions along with examples for a "codeless" solution.

It builds on a control editor technique originally made public by Jean-Pierre.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,059 Views)
Thank you for the insights and the link!
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,035 Views)