LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Labview 2014 support to Labview 2017 SP1

Solved!
Go to solution

I have installed LabView 2017 SP1 32/64-bit and are trying out LINX and arduino/pi devices.

How do I add LabView 2014 support to the LabView 2017 SP1 when its already installed, must I re-install LabView?

kls
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,984 Views)

It is already supported. Any current LabVIEW license is valid for older releases. You might need to go to the license manager and activate your license. Beyond that you should be good to go.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,979 Views)

Ah ok. Only that when I start LINX Target Configuration an pop-up shows up saying.

"This wizard will instal LabView 2014 support to the target device. You will only be able yo connect to and use the device from LabView 2014."

When I press OK it goes away and the vi start running.

kls
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,957 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kimlorentz

From the Linx FAQ:

LINX Remote I/O (Arduino, chipKit, etc) is supported in LabVIEW 2011 or newer and the 32-bit version of LabVIEW is highly recommended. 

LINX Local I/O (ie deploying to BeagleBone Black and Raspberry Pi 2/3) is only supported in LabVIEW 2014 SP1 (32-bit).

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,947 Views)

Thank you for all your help.

I will try this more out and also install the 2014 version to.

kls
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,940 Views)