From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ActiveX type library - can't find any function of the class

Hi,

I'm trying to use a class from an ActiveX type library. It's registered correctly, I tested its functionality with VBA (in Excel) and it's working as expected. But in LabVIEW, I can't see the functions of the class. The class itself is found i.e. I can choose it from the ActiveX class browser (Select Object From Type Library dialog box) to create an ActiveX reference control and to call the automation open function (which runs without error!). If I pass the refnum to an invoke node, there is no method to invoke. Clicking on the node only opens a grayed-out shortcut menu saying "no methods" instead of the normal method list.

I'm using LabVIEW 17.0

Any ideas what's going wrong?

Thanks,

Broki

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,915 Views)

Hard to say with that information.

Are you using a 32 bit dll, in 64 bit LabVIEW? Or vice versa? This happens with the report generation toolkit as well.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,879 Views)

I'm sorry that I can't give you more information... Sadly, I'm not allowed to share the software.

I'm using a 32 bit dll in 32 bit LabVIEW, so this can't be the reason.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,873 Views)

@Broki wrote:

I'm sorry that I can't give you more information... Sadly, I'm not allowed to share the software.

That's perfectly OK, but it limits what we can do quite a bit.

My guess would be the dll can't find all it's dependencies. Not 100% sure if this is the behaviour to expect though. I'd think you'll get an error dialog. Running out of ideas...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,854 Views)