LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ActiveX in connectivity lacks the Invoke Node(ActiveX) and Property Node(ActiveX)

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using Labview2018. I find that ActiveX in connectivity lacks the Invoke Node. As is shown in picture. Is there anything missing in my computer? What should I do?123.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,112 Views)

AFAIK, every property\invoke node will adapt to either a LV reference, .NET reference or AX reference.

So, if any of the property\invoke nodes are available, use one of those.

Try Quick drop (CTRL+Space) and then type "property" or "invoke" to see if they show up there.

Of course, it is weird that they are missing...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,069 Views)

Thanks for your answer.

I don't know why there is no Invoke Node(ActiveX)...It wasn't until the other day when I started using ActiveX that I realized there was no Invoke Node(ActiveX). I thought my computer lacked system components, but the same thing happened when I switched to another computer.

It's too strange...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,020 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RuomingXin

@RuomingXin wrote:

Thanks for your answer.

I don't know why there is no Invoke Node(ActiveX)...It wasn't until the other day when I started using ActiveX that I realized there was no Invoke Node(ActiveX). I thought my computer lacked system components, but the same thing happened when I switched to another computer.

It's too strange...

It could be language related, maybe combined with another factor.

If you do the same thing on both computers, it makes sense both results are the same... You could try installing the English version. I don't know if that would solve the problem, but it would be interesting to see if you get those nodes then.

The property\invoke nodes are all the same for AX, .NET, LV. Are the other property\invoke nodes there (for instance in Application Control)?

Try Quick drop. I have no idea how that works in non-English languages, but try CTRL+Space, then start typing the words for property or invoke. Perhaps the nodes are there, just not in your palette.

OT: do you need AX? I avoid it if I can... If there's a .NET alternative, I use that.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,015 Views)
Thanks for your answer. I have tried to use other versions of labview. Now this problem has been solved. I will also try to use .net
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,994 Views)