LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ActiveX control "could not be loaded"

G'Day everyone,

I'm having a problem with my activeX controls (SHDocVw.IWebBrowser2 for example) - when I load and run a LabVIEW 6i VI with an ActiveX container on the front panel, I get an error 97 (Unknown System Error in Untitled.vi) out of its method node. If I load the same VI into LabVIEW 6.1, I get the same error, and the container has "Control could not be loaded" written in it. This isn't just limited to the web browser control, but others too. (they used to work a week or so ago, and I can't think of anything I've done to the system since then...) If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this, I'd really appreciate it!

cheers,
Christopher

Christopher G. Relf
Christopher.Relf@mBox.com.au
Int'l Voicemail & F
ax: +61 2 8080 8132
Aust Voicemail & Fax: (02) 8080 8132
---
EULA
1) This is a private email, and although the views expressed within it may not be purely my own, unless specifically referenced I do not suggest they are necessarily associated with anyone else including, but not limited to, my employer(s).
2) This email has NOT been scanned for virii - attached file(s), if any, are provided as is. By copying, detaching and/or opening attached files, you agree to indemnify the sender of such responsibility.
3) Because e-mail can be altered electronically, the integrity of this communication cannot be guaranteed.

Copyright © 2004-2023 Christopher G. Relf. Some Rights Reserved. This posting is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(8,905 Views)
Try to register it. Run in MSDOS window regsvr32.exe name_of_ActiveX.ocx
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(8,905 Views)
Unfortunately, it was *all* of my ActiveX controls that wouldn't load. That said, A user of the Info-LabVIEW list came up with the answer: reinstall the RunTime engine - wierd....

thanks,
Christopher

Copyright © 2004-2023 Christopher G. Relf. Some Rights Reserved. This posting is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(8,905 Views)
Christopher,

Also, try repairing the LabVIEW 6.1 installation. Go to Add/Remove Programs, choose LabVIEW 6.1, and then choose Repair. This should fix this issue.

Randy Hoskin
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/ask
Message 3 of 9
(8,905 Views)
Thanks Randy - what I actually ended up doing (as suggested by a member of the Info-LabVIEW mailing list) was reinstalling the runtime engine: weird...

thanks,
Christopher

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(8,905 Views)
OK, this has me very confused! I am using both the common dialog and excel activex controls in vis. They all work fine on my development system (which has VB6 installed) but _none_ of them work on a different system I am using to debug....I get the same story of "error 97" when I try to invoke or set a property and the control on the front panel has "could not be loaded". I have tried regesitering the .ocx, which (appears) to work fine, and have "repaired" labview and reinstalled the RT engine. (labview 6.1)

Am I screwing up here?!
Thanks for your help.

Gavin
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(8,905 Views)
I have had a similar problem recurring with the web browser activeX control. It is in an app. I have delivered to a customer and periodically this error occurs and they have to reinstall. This does not inspire confidence nor make them very happy.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(8,905 Views)
What I meant to ask in the above post is has anyone found a solution? I can't keep telling them to reinstall every few weeks.

Is this likely to be fixed in LabVIEW 7?

BTW, How does one find out the filename (*.ocx) of an ActiveX control to register it?

Thanks,
Mike
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(8,906 Views)

In labview you can pull up a list of all active X controls by dropping an active X container on your front panel.

Right click inside the container and select insert Active X Object.

This will give you a list of Active X controls on your machine.

Also, you can look in The System32 directory on most machines and sort by type. All the active X controls will be in alphabetical order and have the extension .ocx.

Message Edited by MitsuMan on 12-02-2005 01:58 PM

Message 9 of 9
(8,606 Views)