LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ActiveX automation refnum

"Hi,
i have vi that read data from Excel. I use ActiveX automation refnum, where in option Select ActiveX Class selected Excel9.olb. The problem is that path to this library is hard defined and if i move my project to another place i need select path to this library again.
Can i set this path programly (not from browser window)?

Thanks, Nadav."
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,720 Views)
Hi nchernin,

I think if the "canned" Excel examples work with the version of Office you are using, that object library should have been defined at install time.

Check your install.

If you are trying to build an executable, you have to define the appropriate support files at build time.

Why do you want to do this programatically?

Just curious.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,720 Views)
Hi, Ben,

Excel is just example. Assume you have any ActiveX library. You put it in same directory with your VI project. When you link the ActiveX library to you project you select it from browser window.
Now if you move your project to another computer (for example) vi will not find library because it founds in another library.
Same problem exist with using dll. But when you select path to dll you can write only name of dll and vi will find it in project library. In ActiveX browser window you must write full path to library.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,720 Views)
I understand.
Good question.
Don't know the answer.
I will watch for others to reply.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,720 Views)