cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ActiveX TreeView

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

I'm facing a problem I cannot solve so I'm posting here.

I'm trying to migrate an application from LV 6.1|Windows2000 to LV 10|WIndowsXP, there are two activeX container that could not be loaded. I checked my windows\system32 directory and I have the comctl32.ocx in it.

Does anyone have a clue on what is happening and how to solve it? I don't want to recreate a tree and re-code the associated functions.

regards,

Rodéric L
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,384 Views)

Just replace the ActiveX objects with Microsoft TreeView and Microsoft ImageList.  You probably don't have the same versions of the controls on XP as 2000, so LabVIEW cannot find them.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,380 Views)

My mistake, I forgot to point that when I try to choose the Microsoft common controls 5.0 sp2 I get an error message. I manually loaded the comctl32.ocx without any luck.

Rodéric L
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,370 Views)

What is the error message?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,366 Views)

HI,

The error message says: "Class does not have any activation licence"

thanks

Rodéric L
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,355 Views)

I cannot load the control from the activeX example (labview example directory) either

Rodéric L
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,342 Views)

@Rodéric wrote:

HI,

The error message says: "Class does not have any activation licence"

thanks

You have a license issue, not a LabVIEW issue. The comctl32.ocx is a set of ActiveX controls that were designed for use in VB5 and VB6. Their use requires a design-time license. That ActiveX component is installed when you install Visual Basic on a computer, and hence installing VB automatically gives you a design-time license. That's the license the component is trying to access, and that's why it's unable to load. You may have a corrupted component, or it may not have registered properly. You could try re-registering the component library.

Message 7 of 11
(3,325 Views)

HI,

thanks for answering this thread, I already tried to re-register the comctl32.ocx using regsrv32. But it didn't solve the issue.

Is there a way to get a free licence? or a run time licence? Would a visual studio licence work?

Rodéric L
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,320 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rodéric

Installing Visual Basic Express 2008 solved the issue.

Thnak you Matthew and sMercurio_fc!

Rodéric L
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,309 Views)

Hello,

I have the same problem in runtime environment.

treeview control doesnt load in W7.

Object viewer found an exception : CLASSFACTORY_E_FIRST...CLASSFACTORY_E_LAST $80040112

Thank you for your help. 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,131 Views)