From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active X control of D-Link DCS-2100+ Wireless Network Camera

Well done - did you download cam1 which is attached to my post on this thread to Pepic 30/08/08? This version does incorporate snapshot if you haven't downloaded it already. 

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 41 of 65
(1,999 Views)

Hi!

Yes, I downloaded. And checked the entired thread again today before writing you. But I have Labview 8.2 and that Cam1 requires 8.5. That's where I am stuck (regarding seeing ur program) and the version that you sent for 8.2, has no function for snapshot. I tried to make timer based capturing, but again, that's video.

Right now, I saw the code of the camera's webpage and checked some properties. They have checked, the value of  "vmode" (I guess equivalent of "frametype") whether it's "jpeg" or not, and in case of "jpeg" they have set the source url as "\img\mjpeg.cgi", otherwise, "\img\video.asf". I tried different parameter values in my program but no success.

If you have the cam1 program with snapshot capturing, can u please send me the 8.2 version of that program, or may be just a snapshot of the block diagram.

Thanks.

Vaibhav
0 Kudos
Message 42 of 65
(1,998 Views)

Hello Vaibhav,

I've attached 8.2 version - you may need to point the container at the ocx. Let me know if it is ok.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 65
(1,979 Views)

Hi Fadenoid!

Thanks a lot for the program.

I tried to select my activeX in the container in the 0th sequence of the  "Initialize" case. But it left the wire with conflicts. The wire is connected to "cam1" property. From where does that come?

And also, I noticed in "Snapshot" case, there is a method "snapshot" of your activeX. This method is not present in my version of the ocx (NetCamPlayerWeb11gv2). So I think I made a mistake by upgrading the camera's firmware... 😄

I attached the changed file.

Any suggestion?

Vaibhav
0 Kudos
Message 44 of 65
(1,974 Views)

Hello Fadenoid!

Is it possible to communicate through email? I have several queries, like the container of Cam1 is not loaded. Which control to load in it?

Waiting to hear from you.

Thanks!

Vaibhav
0 Kudos
Message 45 of 65
(1,954 Views)

Hello Vaibhav 

Sorry for the delay in replying, I've been away for a few days.

The situation with the firmware update I wouldn't have thought causes the problem you're having, unless you had the snapshot function prior to the upgrade. I have loaded your ocx posted earlier on to my LV8.2 platform and there is no snapshot function. On my 8.2 program  posted a couple of days back, you need to load up the ocx I posted earlier in this thread, register it as described and attach it to the container. If you can do that all the broken lines should disappear, and the snapshot function will be present in the snapshot case. Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

PS Drop me your email and I'll reply to it

0 Kudos
Message 46 of 65
(1,938 Views)

Hi!

Sorry for my late reply too. I changed the notification email address for 1 day and then changed back to my old email and I got the notification after some time of restoring old email id, and in this i missed to check.

Well, I have tried to register your old ocx file (posted earlier in this thread), several times, but with no effect. Actually in Vista, it doesn't allow to simply register by using the command regsvr32  "C:\WINDOWS\system32\netcamplayer11g.ocx" ... and when I added option /u it didn't give the error message, but still with no effects. Means, in labview, I could not see the netcamplayer11g in the list of the ActiveX when I wanted to insert an object in the container.

Any idea how to resolve this?

Thanks ahead!

Vaibhav
0 Kudos
Message 47 of 65
(1,893 Views)

Hello Vaibhav,

I've never used Vista with labview and always stick to XP Pro. I can only suggest two things:

1) See if the forum has any suggestions on ocx registration with Vista

2) If you can, ideally set up an XP Pro partition on your HDD if you have acces to that OS (this may not be easy but at least we would be working off same platform!)

Sorry I can't be more help here but item 2 would be preferable if you can do it. 

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 48 of 65
(1,890 Views)

Hi fadenoid,

Sorry I couldn't reply that last message, and I stopped trying more on that because my camera stopped functioning after some experiments.

Now, I have given it for replacement. But I have an opportunity to ask for another model in place of that Linksys WVC54GC. Since you could get a live video stream from your camera, can you tell me please which model should I go for? 

Thanks ahead! 

Vaibhav
0 Kudos
Message 49 of 65
(1,597 Views)

Hello Vaibhav

The only one I've ever used is the WVC54G. They are long out of production but you can still pick them up on ebay.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 50 of 65
(1,575 Views)