From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active X control of D-Link DCS-2100+ Wireless Network Camera

Hi!

Ok, sending with this mail the OCX. But it says the extension is not valid. So I am changing the extension to .doc and then you will change it back to .ocx after downloading.

Will be travelling again for 1 week.

Thanks ahead!

Vaibhav
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 65
(2,401 Views)
Hello Fadenoid!
Could you find some functions in that OCX for streaming?
Thanks!
Vaibhav
Message 32 of 65
(2,356 Views)

Hello Vaibhav,

I've tried your ocx with my cams but doesn't work, probably due to the expanded functionally of yours, different typ etc. However, I've looked at the properties available and many match with the ones I would use for streaming video. I've attached an LV8.2 version of the video streaming method that I use so you should be able to substitute the similar functions.

You may need to wing it on the set source functions by writing the extra values eg frame rate etc - is yours a WVC200? Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

Message 33 of 65
(2,349 Views)

Hi Fadenoid!

I tried to use your file, but it has a message "object/control could not be loaded" on the ActiveX container in the front panel. I tried to change the ip address of the camera and tried to reselct the activeX file from my computer and then my computer got hung up forever.

What do you think should I do to use your file? Should I try to reload the ActiveX control by selecting the OCX file from my computer?

You mean my camera model? It is WVC54GC.

Today I am trying to open your file again and see if I can do some experiment with it. Which properties should I change? 

Best regards!

Vaibhav
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 65
(2,327 Views)

You probably don't have the ocx loaded and registered on your pc. You can add it if you look at the earlier part of this thread and download that ocx and register it. This will sort out the issue of the activeX function not being loaded. The code may then work with your camera, but probably not in which case, you will need to replace the original activeX function in the container with your v2 version which is already loaded on your pc.

If you have your own ocx loaded with my VI, what will probably happen is that some of the properties will be replaced. Use the equivalent ones in your ocx. On a couple of them eg set source, yours has a little more info required than mine so you may need to experiment a bit with it ie frame rate.

The reason I asked about camera type is that the v2 ocx you attached has a lot of extra functionality eg pan/tilt etc, so I thought it may be for the WVC200 which has all these extra features.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers 

Message 35 of 65
(2,316 Views)

Hi!

Thanks for the tips.

I tried to load your program. And this time, again, selected my ocx file. And then, I saw your methods (which I was misinterpreting as properties) were grayed. So, I selected method again, i.e. setSource, and they become activated. And there are many input parameters, as you said, like pan/tilt, frame rate etc. And I don't know what to pass as parameters. If I create a constant or a control, it shows string inputs only. What type of parameters did you use for WVC200? Probably it's the same here.

Also, you have a loop for playing sound, which I am removing at present. But still it says bad wired terminals. I set URL, but don't know which wires are missing. also, in your file, the sSource method has no open output parameters. In mine, it has still some output parameters open. May be that's why it says so.

If you have registered my ocx in your computer, then probably you may take a look at my file  (not sure if you can play it with ur camera or not).

I have attached my file.

Thanks!

Vaibhav
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 65
(2,312 Views)

Hi Fadenoid!

Could you take a look at my program? It would be really great if you could help me some more to understand the problem.

Thanks for your time and efforts.

Vaibhav
0 Kudos
Message 37 of 65
(2,189 Views)
Sorry about this - didn't get the last reminder which is why I haven't looked. Am pretty busy at the moment but will try and get a look at it in the next few days.
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 65
(2,187 Views)

Hi Fadenoid!

Thanks. Actually I need to submit this work within a few days.. and I am badly stuck at this point. My main objective however, is to acquire images from multiple cameras and transmit to other clients over the internet, which I think I would do by datasocket, but do not know how the Linksys' activeX supports the video transmission. Otherwise, I will capture snapshots (5 per second) and transmit them by datasocket and show in the client's interface in some imagebox. But this refreshing image box will take a lot of processing time I guess.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Vaibhav
0 Kudos
Message 39 of 65
(2,174 Views)

Hi Fadenoid!

I have got one breakthrough! Actually, I was stuck in the values that I should pass to the methods like setSource and others. Was not sure what exactly, and in what format, to pass for parameters like FrameType etc. Saw in some forum what someone passed as values in dotNet with the same ocx. So now, I see the live stream in the camera.

So, now the next stage... to capture a snapshot. The webpage of the camera has snapshot button, but I don't see any method in activeX for the snapshot. Do you have any idea? In your program could you manage to take snapshots? The program that you have sent (version 8.2) does not have any snapshot function.

But the main goal is not snapshot, but to make the stream available to other clients applications, over the internet.

Please take a look at this situation, when you get freed from your job.

Thanks ahead!

Vaibhav
0 Kudos
Message 40 of 65
(2,138 Views)