LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active X control of D-Link DCS-2100+ Wireless Network Camera

Hello Dani

You are correct! When I first got the software working, I wanted to snapshot from 2 cameras. I tried a single VI opening both cameras but after extensive work the onyl way I could get it to snapshot on both was to have a 2 identical executables Cam1 and Cam2, which would then be called from my top level code.

As you are streaming video and if you don't need to see them at the same time, it may be possible to drop the connection to one before opening the other. I know from experience however, that running 2 side by side in the same VI can't be done, at least with what I tried.

Sorry I can't be more help, but if you do get a result let me know!

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 61 of 65
(1,172 Views)

Well... I'm sad to read that.  You have just confirmed what I thought.  Anyway, I'll keep trying to find a solution to this problem.  Be sure I'll let you know if I find it, although it seems impossible at the moment.

Thank you very much for answering, Chris.

Dani

0 Kudos
Message 62 of 65
(1,167 Views)

Hello Dani,

I think there must be a way of doing this as you can open 2 web browsers and log into each camera that way. Seeing as the browser uses the activeX component there may be another way to do this. It may be worth talking to NI about how the activeX container works/shares resource etc.

If I get a bit of time I may revisit this one myself!

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 63 of 65
(1,154 Views)

Hi Chris,

I found out the same.  I've already seen one person who embedded three cameras in his webpage, so there should be a way of streaming various webcams at the same time.  I'm just afraid that the library NetCamPlayer... does not support more than one connection simultaneosly, as when I managed to display two streamings at the same time (rarely), I saw the same image in both of them (from the same webcam, I mean).

The problem is that now I need to keep moving, so I won't be able to come back to this in a couple of months.  Anyway, if at that point I get some results, I'll let you know.

Thanks for your time Chris!

Dani

0 Kudos
Message 64 of 65
(1,145 Views)

hi everybody

I need help with my project

I have a D-Link 2100 camera and i need to get the video camera with the LabView. Anyone knows how i do this?

ty for the attetion

0 Kudos
Message 65 of 65
(356 Views)