cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation of Control Design and Simulation Module

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have a serial number for the Multi-IDE Bundle and have reinstalled the computer from scratch. After installing the bundle and attempting to activate, the Control Design and Simulation Module would not activate with a message that the License Manager could not find a license for that module. All of the other modules activated as expected. I do not have an active SSP and I am attempting to activate a version that I should still have access to (LabVIEW 2019 SP1). I proceded to attempt the activation using the form on the web page for activation and I received a non specific error message and that I should try again later or contact support for assistance. Your assistance in resolving this issue is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,782 Views)

@patrick.hernandez wrote:

I received a non specific error message and that I should try again later or contact support for assistance. 

To file a support request, go to support.ni.com and fill out a support request ticket.  NI is quite responsive ...

Bob Schor

Message 2 of 8
(2,720 Views)

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately I do not have access to direct support anymore as my SSP has expired. I called NI and I was told I should post it to the community for an attempt at a resolution and one of the engineers should see the post and provide some assistance.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,711 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author patrick.hernandez

It sounds like the person listening to your issue misunderstood what you're hoping to do.  Follow the advice above and when you talk to someone, provide your SN and tell them you cannot activate the product.

They should either help resolve it or push it forward to a TSE.  

If you don't hear from someone, feel free to send me a message here and I'll figure out what's going on from our side.

Message 4 of 8
(2,702 Views)

As an update, I found the link to get support with activation when out of SSP and they are assisting in getting this resolved. Thank you to all who provided assistance. I will update once it is completely resolved.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,669 Views)

They have resolved my issue by creating a replacement serial number for the module. Thank you all for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,642 Views)

Can you give me the link you found.  I am having the same problem.

thanks

metzler CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,447 Views)

I checked and it looks like things have changed a little since I did this but it looks like if you go to your account page and then go to Support Requests and in there is a selection to request to activate through support. Give that a try and see if that works for you.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,424 Views)