LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation codes not working for toolkits

Solved!
Go to solution

I am installing LV PDS 2020 on a stand-alone computer.  I am activating by generating codes online and typing them in.  

I have 4 activation codes, but only the LV code is working.  App Builder, Database, and Report Generation codes are not accepted by the License Manager.  

The same computer ID was used for all codes.  

The activation code generator under ni.com/activate gives me the 20-character codes for all 4, but the local license manager only like the one for LV.  

The license manager shows App Builder, Database, and Report Generation as yellow dots, unactivated.  

No typos, I promise.  

What gives?  

Ed K

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(692 Views)

@AndyTailored wrote:

I am installing LV PDS 2020 on a stand-alone computer.  I am activating by generating codes online and typing them in.  

I have 4 activation codes, but only the LV code is working.  App Builder, Database, and Report Generation codes are not accepted by the License Manager.  

The same computer ID was used for all codes.  

The activation code generator under ni.com/activate gives me the 20-character codes for all 4, but the local license manager only like the one for LV.  

The license manager shows App Builder, Database, and Report Generation as yellow dots, unactivated.  

No typos, I promise.  

What gives?  

Ed K

It's complicated, but these toolkits exist as both standalone products and as part of LabVIEW Pro and LabVIEW Community Edition, so if you've activated either of them, those toolkits you mentioned will look like they are in eval mode, but will still be available through either of those LabVIEW editions.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(685 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AndyTailored

Interesting.  I have done this before and all 4 activated as expected.  

I see that all of the toolkits are working under LV, even though the startup nagged me for activation codes.  I set it to "Remind me when they expire" and the nag went away.  

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(655 Views)