LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acquire two signals in the same VI setting a time delay between them!

Hey guys Smiley Happy! I currently use a DAQ assistant to acquire two different voltage signals. I want to set a delay between them. I know that the daq ass. enables only simultaneous read of each channel but there must be a solution out there Smiley Indifferent

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,265 Views)

@Johnjohnjohny's wrote:

[..]but there must be a solution out there

That very much depends on the hardware you use.

Also, you should describe what the "range" of delay you are talking about. Is it time-based (e.g. 100ms delay) or is it depending on the sample rate (delay of 10 samples)?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,246 Views)

Why not go the easy way of capturing both channels during all the time and send the not needed parts to /dev/null?

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,242 Views)

I use two channels of a NI9222 card. The fact is that i'm taking mesurements using two instruments of different response. I assume there is a delay of 2-5 seconds between them. So the measurands i compare were not acquired at the same time due this delay.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,215 Views)

Does delay mean that you don't acquire data during that time? If so, you can easily use the DAQ assistant: First acquire data on the first channel for a time, stop the acquisition for a short time (delay), then use another DAQ assistant to acquire the other channel.

If they acquire with "overlapping delay", you still should simply acquire both channels for the whole time and then reduce the data as needed (per channel).

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,203 Views)