From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acquire analog signal using cRIO Scan Interface

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All,
I'm new to LabVIEW and I'm trying to perform a very simple task (at least I thought so), acquire a sine wave - 1KHz, 2Vpp, from signal generator using cRIO-9035 in Scan Interface mode with NI-9205, LabVIEW 2017 on Windows 10.
My program (also attached):

Snip.png
But the signal that I see is not 1kHz, it's much lower. Clearly I'm missing something.
In addition, when observing the AI channel in NI Distributed System Manager, same thing - the signal is much slower than the generated frequency.

Any assistance will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,780 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author IG.B

What is the scan engine speed? Is it picking up samples quicker than 1Khz

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,778 Views)

You can't really push the scan engine to be faster than 1kHz.  So based on Nyquist, you can only see a signal that is up to 500Hz.  You probably really want to sample at 10kHz in order to get a good representation of your signal.  Therefore, you will need to use the FPGA to read the signal and use a DMA FIFO to send the data to the RT system.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,748 Views)

I totally forgot about it...

Thanks for pointing out the basics!

But I still can't figure out how to view the AI channel in Distributed System Manager program...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,746 Views)

Tools->Distribution System Manager

Select your cRio->Expand

Click on which mod's output you want to see and expand. See output by clicking on AI0, AI1, etc.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,732 Views)